SKE Crystal Bar disposable product has ranked second in sales in the UK this year. Nevertheless, the UK market has been flooded with nearly 10 imitations and counterfeit versions, all presenting themselves as similar “Crystal Bar” or “Crystal” products, including UPO Crystal Bar, Feoba Crystal Mini, Vapeurs Crystal, and more.
Specifically the SKE Crystal Bar disposable – a fantastic, TPD compliant disposable we were fortunate enough to review earlier this year.
We found the SKE brand a genuine pleasure to work with and it quickly became clear their team are dedicated to providing the best possible vaping experience, with a focus and real enthusiasm for product quality and customer satisfaction.
This dedication to product quality really shines through, and their SKE Crystal Bar disposable range has become extremely popular in the UK.
However, as with any popular product, the inevitable counterfeit goods have begun to hit the market. If it’s a sought after product and a profit can be made by cutting corners during the manufacturing process, you can bet there’s someone out there willing to piggy-back off your hard work.
The obvious problem is usually one of quality, with most (if not all) counterfeit products of noticeably poorer quality and craftmanship than their authentically produced counterparts.
Counterfeit vaping products also seriously undermine the integrity of the vaping industry as a whole.
However, that’s not the only issue.
In this case, there’s a real concern that the counterfeit SKE products could also pose a significant health risk to you if you’re unfortunate enough to fall victim and purchase one.
Counterfeit disposables are often manufactured without adherence to the strict quality and safety standards that regulate the production of authentic disposables, potentially exposing you to harmful substances and unreliable (and unsafe!) products.
The Dangers of Counterfeit Disposables
Counterfeit disposable vapes can pose several potential dangers, including:
- Health Risks: Sub-standard production materials used in counterfeit products could release harmful chemicals, causing health issues when inhaled.
- Battery Safety: Inferior batteries in counterfeit vapes can lead to overheating, explosions, or fires.
- Inconsistent Nicotine Levels: Counterfeit products may not deliver the nicotine levels as advertised, leading to nicotine overdose.
What Steps are SKE Taking to Combat this Rise in Counterfeit SKE Disposables?
Mr. Zhou, the Brand Director of SKE, has been quoted as stating, “Crystal Bar originated from SKE. And SKE’s value is providing customers with the ultimate experience. We are also dedicated to protecting the rights of consumers and firmly oppose any disruptive competition in the market, actively combating all counterfeit and substandard Crystal Bar products.”
SKE are a trusted and well-established name in the vaping industry.
They want to express their gratitude to their loyal customers and to reaffirm their commitment to the safety and well-being of every SKE product consumer. They’re working with us in issuing this warning to protect consumers from the potential dangers associated with counterfeit vape products.
To safeguard against counterfeit (and potentially hazardous!) disposables and help you identify authentic SKE products, we recommend the following tips:
- Only Purchase from Authorized Retailers: Only buy SKE products from authorized and reputable retailers. Authentic products are sold through licensed distributors, online stores, and physical outlets, as well as direct from SKE.
- Check the Packaging: Genuine SKE disposables come in distinct and carefully designed packaging. Look for holographic seals, unique product codes, and other security features that ensure the authenticity of the product.
- Scrutinize the Labeling: Examine the product labels and packaging for spelling errors, incorrect logos, or discrepancies in design. Authentic SKE products have clear, professional labeling.
- Verify QR Code: SKE products come with QR codes that can be scanned for verification. Simply scan the QR code on the side of the product packaging to confirm authenticity.
- Use the Anti-Counterfeit Code: SKE products also have an anti-counterfeit code, which you can use to confirm the disposable you’ve purchased is authentic. Just scratch off the coating on the side of the packaging to reveal the code and enter it into the SKE official website to check the authenticity of your product (SKE official website: https://www.skevape.com/)
- Trust Your Senses: Be cautious of unusual smells or tastes when using any disposable vape. If the product tastes differently to what you’re used to or if you notice any discomfort while vaping, discontinue use immediately and contact SKE customer support.
At the time of writing, there are also several distinct differences between the official SKE Crystal Bar packaging and the more common counterfeit examples. The pattern and font design for example, although subtle, is noticeably different if you know exactly what to look for.
For more information about these differences, please visit the official SKE website and read ‘How to Verify the Authenticity of a SKE Crystal Bar‘. You can also visit SKE’s ‘Product Authenticity Check‘ page to enter the verification code on your SKE Crystal Bar packaging.
For more information, you can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you found this post useful – please feel free to leave a comment below. Happy Vaping!